A truffle is a rare, edible mushroom that is considered a delicacy in many parts of the world. Generally harvested in the wild, they are quite expensive.
Requiring climates with mild weather changes, truffles grow in a limited number of places including France, Italy, Croatia, and Slovenia. There are hundreds of species of truffles, but some of the fruiting body (mostly in the genus ‘Tuber’) are highly prized as a food. The 18th-century French gastronome Brillat-Savarin called these truffles “the diamond of the kitchen”. Same as Acqua restaurant, they selected Black Truffle to be on their menu.
Taste explosion with ‘Summer Black Truffles Menu’ at Acqua restaurant. On to menu:
- Course 1 : Wagyu beef tartar hand chopped, duck liver, poached egg and black truffles
- Course 2 : Seared scallops on asparagus mash and black truffles
- Course 3 : New potatoes and Parmigiano Reggiano fondue with quail egg and black truffles
- Course 4 : Ravioli Agnolotti suffed with burrata cheese topped with Black truffles sabayon
- Course 5 : Black truffle risotto with braised pork belly
- Course 6 : Roasted Cod fish with cauliflower sauce and black truffles
- Course 7 : Wagyu beef tenderloin a la “Rossini”
- Dessert : Truffle cheese with crispy breads and jams
Acqua restaurant opens every day from 16.00 until 23.00.