Renaissance Phuket Resort & Spa has recently revealed a not to-be-missed signature “Doppio Cheese Pie”, a perfectly retreat item for those caffeine lovers, with richly scented of espresso combined with the softness of the cheese and crunchy texture of pie. This menu item is inspired by the name of their bake shop, Doppio means double shots of espresso which their bakery chef, Porch, intentionally crated this great combination piece of pie and can be served with their sour-smoothie or some light hot tea.
Doppio, the coolest and modern-residential bake shop in Mai Khao area, it is one of five outlets in Renaissance Phuket Resort and Spa, conveniently located on the ground floor underneath hotel lobby, Doppio is open from 9am – 10pm every day with variety and home-made bakery, a cosmopolitan Espresso, local made ice cream, healthy salad and sandwiches are available.
If you’d like to try making this delicious dessert for yourself here’s a very simple recipe for you to follow.
1. Espresso Cream Cheese
– 500 g. Cream Cheese
– 2 Eggs
– 165 g. White Sugar
– 2 Shots Espresso Coffee
2. 100 g. Whipped Cream
3. 200 g. Digestive Biscuits Crumbs
1. Preheat oven to 160 C
2. Press digestive biscuit crumbs into base of pie baking pan.
3. Using a tablespoon, add equal amounts of espresso cream cheese onto digestive biscuit base.
4. Place in the oven for 20 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool.
5. Add whipped cream and garnish with coffee beans.
6. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving.
To watch how this dessert is made at Renaissance Phuket Resort & Spa please view the VDO here http://tv.phuketindex.com/doppio-cheese-pie-2179.html
Renaissance Phuket Resort & Spa
555, Moo 3, Mai Khao, Talang, Phuket 83110 Thailand
Phone: +66 (0) 76-363999