- 1 cup minced duck meat
- 2 tbls lime juice
- 2 tbls fish sauce
- 3 tbls duck stock
- 1 tsp Prik phom (powdered red chili)
- 2 tbls Shallots very finely slices
- 2 tbls Lemon grass, bruised and very finely sliced
- 1 tbls Bai Magkroot (kaffir lime leaves) shredded
- 2 tbls spring/green onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tbls Prik ki nu (green birdseye chilis) thinly sliced
- 1 tbls pri ki nu daeng (red birdseye chilis) thinly sliced
- In dry wok/skillet, carefully toast 2-3 tbls of long grain uncooked rice. Lightly brown, cool and grind to a coarse powder. Chop/mince the duck meat to fairly fine consistency. Put minced duck meat in a bowl to marinade with lime juice and fish sauce for 1 hour.
- In hot wok/skillet briefly stir-fry meat until just cooked. Remove to mixing bowl and combine with other ingredients plus about 1 tbls of the toasted rice. Taste and adjust seasoning as necessary. Serve on a bed of lettuce leaves, garnish with mint and line leaves, putting cucumber slices, water chestnuts and sliced radishes around the plate.
- Serve with small dishes of red and green chilis. This dish is traditionally spicy hot
Courtesy Images by Baba Pool Club @Sri panwa Phuket