Many restaurants here in Phuket boast about their authentic Thai cuisine. Straits dining is not indifferent, but here we can guarantee that you will be served some the best authentic Thai dishes there are to sampled whilst in “The Pearl of the Andaman”.
Straits dining is the flagship restaurant of the Millennium Hotel, which is located behind Jungceylon Shopping Centre in the main tourist area Patong.
The restaurant is furnished in a modern contemporary style and features typical Thai style decoration.
The well laid out menu is split into the four regions from which the featured dishes originate; Northern, North Eastern, Central & Southern. Each dish is named in English-Thai and a clear description of each dish is provided. If diners are unsure what to choose or are not too sure about a specific dish the well trained and pleasant staff are always happy to lend a helping hand.
Below is a selection of dishes we were lucky enough to try on our visit. I’m not going to describe the taste of each individual dish as I want you to go and try for yourself. All I will tell you is these are some of the most amazing authentic Thai dishes I have experienced in my time in Thailand, and they really do allow you to experience the true taste of Thailand. Amazing!
Northern – Set Menu 2
- Gaeng Hoa – Pork Curry with glass noodles and vegetables.
- Namprig Noom – Young Chilli dip with vegetables.
- Nao Ngoaw – Deep fried stuffed bamboo shoots
- Kaeb Moo – Deep fried pork rind.
- Mixed vegetables
- Khao Niew – Sticky rice
- Krao So Gai (separate dish) – Crispy noodle curry with chicken and noodles.
- Laab Nuae – Spicy beef salad with shallot, lime, chilli & coriander.
- Moo Hong – Pork belly stew with garlic, coriander root & soy sauce.
Straits Dining – Open daily 18.00- 22.00
For reservations please contact: +66 (0) 76 601 716
Millennium Resort Patong Phuket
199, Rat-Uthit 200 Pee Road, Patong, Kathu, Phuket 83150, Thailand
T: +66 76 601 999 F: +66 76 601 986